IBPS PO prelims Exam pattern 2021 – IBPS PO vacancies are now released by the IBPS. Students who are interested in the post of Probationary Officer now can simply apply for the post. For the IBPS PO exam which will be held soon. You can see the IBPS PO preliminary exam syllabus and pattern from this site. We will be describing the topics and subjects with marks scheme on this post. To be able to ready for the exam you must be prepared for the IBPS PO prelims exam early so that you can qualify the mains exam. This time there are about 4135 vacancies that are being opened up by the IBPS.
IBPS PO prelims exam Pattern 2021
- Three sections – English Section, Quantitative aptitude, Reasoning Ability.
- Objective type exam.
- 1 mark is awarded for each correct answer.
- For every wrong answer, 0.25 Mark is deducted.
- Total Time duration – 1 hr.
|Section||Number of Questions||Total marks|
IBPS PO prelims Exam Syllabus 2021
Name of the Bank – IBPS ( Institute of Banking Personnel Selection)
Post Name – Probationary Officer 2021
Total Vacancies – 4135
Category – Exam pattern/Syllabus
Exam date – 4 Dec 2021 (tentative)
Selection process – Prelims/Mains/Interview
Online Application started – 20 October, 2021
Last date to apply – 10 November, 2021
The IBPS will be selecting the candidates on the basis of three levels i.e. Prelims, Mains exam & Interview. Candidates must have to bring the minimum cutoff marks in the prelims exam in order to qualify for the mains exam. The Exam date of IBPS Prelims 2021 will be soon announced by the IBPS board. Below is the IBPS PO prelims exam syllabus 2021 section wise. For all three sections 20 minutes time duration will be given to you in prelims.
- Data Sufficiency
- Circular and Linear Sitting Arrangements
- Blood Relations
- Statement and Argument
- Statement and Assumption
- Assertion and Reasoning
- Order and Ranking
- Coded Inequalities
- Directions and Distance
- Coding and Decoding
- Vocabulary – Antonyms and Synonyms
- Basic English Grammar – Tenses, Articles, Prepositions, Subject-Verb Agreement, Parts of Speech, etc.
- Reading Comprehension
- Sentence Completion
- Sentence Rearrangement or Para Jumbles
- Cloze Test
- Error Spotting
- Phrases and Idioms
- Spell Checks
- Fill in the Blanks
General Awareness (Banking/Economic)
- Current Affairs from Technology, Books and Authors, Sports, Awards, Summits, National and International Events, Defense, etc.
- Indian Constitution
- Economics News
- Financial Awareness (Railway Budget, Union Budget, etc.)
- Banking Awareness – History, RBI Guidelines, Banking Terms, Abbreviations, etc.
FAQ about IBPS PO Exam 2021 Exam pattern
- What is the IBPS PO prelims exam syllabus 2021?
Ans. The Exam pattern and syllabus are given above.
- Is there a negative marking in the exam of IBPS PO exam 2021?
Ans. Yes, 0.25 marks will be cut for every incorrect answer.
- How many total marks are there in for IBPS PO prelims exam 2021?
Ans. The IBPS PO prelims will be conducted for 100 marks.