FSSAI Technical Officer Exam Pattern 2021 – Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has recently invited the online application for the post of Technical officer and other posts. All of the candidates who will be applying for the vacancies of FSSAI shall check the FSSAI exam syllabus and exam pattern from this post. In the Syllabus you will see what are the subjects and topics which you should be cover in order to maintain a good marks percentage in the exam. FSSAI Exam pattern will be giving you the idea what type of paper will come and what is the marks scheme of the exam.
FSSAI Technical Officer Exam Pattern 2021
- Total Time duration – 180 minutes
- Objective type exam, MCQ will be asked.(CBT Stage 1)
- Two parts – Part A – General Aptitude & Part B – Functional Knowledge test
- 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
Note: All those who are looking for the other FSSAI other post syllabus & Exam pattern. They can see the link directly below. Check the syllabus and prepare for the exam. The FSSAI Exam date will soon be announced by the board on the official site post wise.
|S. No||Paper||No of Questions|
|Part A||General Aptitude & Computer Literacy||40|
|Part B||Functional Knowledge Test||80|
FSSAI Technical Officer Exam Syllabus 2021
Board name – FSSAI
Post Name – Technical Officer, Central Food Safety Officer, Assistant, Food Analyst, Deputy manager etc
Total Vacancies – 233
Category – Syllabus/Exam Patten
Selection Criteria – Written exam/CBT Stages wise/Interview
Official site – www.fssai.gov.in/
FSSAI Technical Officer 2021 Syllabus Subjects & Topics
English language Comprehension
2. grammar, etc.
3. Would include questions on comprehension, on word substitution
4. synonyms, and antonyms
5. spelling error
6. spotting errors in sentences
7. grammar –noun
11. use of ‘a’ ‘an” and ‘the’, idioms and phrases, etc.
1. MS office (word, excel, PowerPoint) including basic commands
2. Google Doc
4. commonly use social media handles (WhatsApp, FB, Twitter, etc). would be tested.
General Intelligence :
1. Similarities, and differences
2. space visualization
6. decision making
7. visual memory
8. discriminating observations
9. relationship concepts
10. arithmetical reasoning
11. verbal and figure classification
12. arithmetical number series
13. non-verbal series, etc.
4. Economic scene
5. General Polity including Indian Constitution
6. sports and scientific research, etc.
Role, Functions, Initiatives
1. Genesis and Evolution of FSSAI
2. Structure and Functions of Food Authority
3. Overview of Systems and Processes in Standards, Enforcement and Ecosystem etc.,
4. Training and Capacity Building
5. Role of State Food Authorities
Principles of Food Preservation, Processing and Packaging
1. Food Processing Operations, Principles, Good Manufacturing
2. Overview of food preservation methods and their underlying principles
3. Overview of food packaging methods and principles including novel packaging
Principles and Basics of Food Chemistry and their role in Human Nutrition
1. Structure and functions of macro and micronutrients
2. Role of macro and micronutrients in human nutrition
3. Overview of food additives with respect to their technological functions
4. Overview of anti-nutritional factors and their removal from foods
5. Overview of enzymes as food processing aids
6. Overview of nutraceuticals and functions foods
7. Overview of food contaminants and adulterants and their effects on human health
8. Food allergens and allergenicity
9. Importance of diet in alleviating health risks, especially non-communicable diseases
Food Microbiology & General Principles of Food Hygiene
1. General principles of food microbiology and overview of foodborne pathogens
2. Overview of sources of microorganisms in the food chain (raw materials, water, air,
3. equipment etc.) and microbiological quality of foods
4. Microbial food spoilage and Foodborne diseases
5. General principles and techniques in the microbiological examination of foods
General Concepts of Food Analysis and Testing
1. Fundamentals of field level and laboratory sampling with reference to
2. importance of statistical tools.
3. Overview of basic/classical methods of food analysis
4. Overview of modern analytical techniques, including mass spectrometry and molecular techniques.
Functional Knowledge – Indicative Syllabus
1. Indian and International Food Laws
2. Food Safety and Standards Act of India, 2006
3. FSS Rules and Regulations
4. Overview of other relevant national bodies
5. International Food Control Systems/Laws, Regulations and Standards
6. Important National and International Accreditation bodies