WB Police constable recruitment 2022 – West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WBPRB) has notified vacancies for the post of constables/lady constables in Kolkata Police. The application process will begin on 29th May 2022. Last day for the submission of application form is 27th June 2022. This recruitment drive will fill 1410 vacancies to the post of constables and 256 vacancies to the post of lady constables. However, the total vacancies stated are purely provisional and subject to marginal changes. Interested candidates can apply online through the official website of West Bengal Police at wbpolice.gov.in.
WB Police constable recruitment 2022 application form online
Name of Post – Constable & Lady Constable under Kolkata Police
Vacancy – 1666 Posts
Application Form release date – 29 May, 2022
Last Date – 27 June 2022
Selection Process – Preliminary Written Test, PET / PMT, Final Exam, Interview
Category – Recruitment
- Aspirant must be a Citizen of India.
- Age: – The applicant must not be less than 18 (eighteen) years old and must not be more than 27 (twenty
seven) years old as on 01/01/2022.Upper age limit is relaxed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC as per orders of the Government.
- Educational Qualification :- The applicant must have passed Madhyamik Examination from the West
Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
- Language : – The applicant must be able to speak, read and write the Bengali language.
WB Police constable recruitment Process
There will be a qualifying Preliminary Test ,Physical Measurement Test(PMT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Final Written Examination and Interview to be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
1 – Preliminary Written Test (Full Marks – 100)
- 100 marks MCQ based written test
- 1 mark for each correct answer ,1/4th mark deducted for every incorrect answer
- Duration: 1 hour
- Language of question paper: Bengali and Nepali
- Marks of Preliminary Test are not considered for the final merit list
- Subjects for the Preliminary Test
- General Awareness and General Knowledge : 40 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) : 30 Marks
- Reasoning : 30 Marks
2 – Physical Measurement Test(PMT)
The height and weight of the candidates will be tested by using electronic machines of those who qualify in the Preliminary Written Test.
3 – Physical Efficiency Test(PET)
|Constable||1600 (sixteen hundred) meters distance run||6 minutes 30 seconds|
|Lady Constable||800 (eight hundred) meters run||4 minutes 30 seconds|
4 – Final Written Exam(full marks :85)
- Only candidates qualifying PMT and PET are eligible
- 85 MCQs of 1 mark each,1/4th mark deducted for every incorrect answer
- Duration : 1 hour
- General Awareness and General Knowledge – 25 Marks
- English – 10 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) – 25 Marks
- Reasoning and Logical Analysis – 25 Marks
5 – Interview: (Full Marks : 15)
Those candidates who will pass in the final written exam shall be called for the interview. In an interview there will be test of general awareness & suitability of the candidate. After that the final merit list will be prepared for the post according to marks secured in final written paper and interview.
Steps to fill the WB Police constable form
- Visit the official website of the West Bengal police ,that is ,wbpolice.gov.in
- On the homepage, click on ‘Recruitment’
- Click on ‘Get Details’ on the recruitment notice dated 26/05/2022
- After that see the apply link.
- Click on that link.
- First register for the post and then you can login with your details.
- Submit the form and take a print out of that form.
WB police Constable Apply link – See here (Active from 29th may 2022)
WB Police Constable Recruitment PDF notice – Read here